- University: Tishk International University
- Department: Computer Engineering Dept
- My Status: Visiting Lecturer
- Level: BSc
- Year: 2018
This is an introductory course converging basic Artificial Intelligence (AI) concepts and its implementation. The course introduces the fundamental concepts of the discipline first then goes into detail with the practical information necessary to implement some algorithms and strategies. There are many existing examples that imply a sort of intelligence like computer games. Robots. Smart. Washing machines. Digital cameras software that suggests music you might like to listen to etc. The course captures the essence of AI and introduces basic ideas regarding knowledge representation and search algorithms.
- To have an appreciation for and understanding of both the achievements of AI and the
theory underlying those achievements.
- To have an appreciation for the engineering
issues underlying the design of AI systems.
- To have an understanding of the basic issues
of knowledge representation and blind and heuristic search, as well as an understanding of
other topics such as minimax, resolution, etc. that play an important role in AI programs.
- To have a basic understanding on some advanced topics of AI such as learning, natural
language processing, agents and robotics, expert systems and planning.
- Introduction to the Course
- Introduction to AI. Definition of AI. Why study AI. Problem Areas that can be solved using AI.
- Search, Problem solving agent.
- Adversarial Search. Game playing.
- Knowledge representation, Propositional Logic
- Logical Reasoning, Backward chaining.
- Expert Systems and Planning
- Introduction to Prolog
- Uncertainty Reasoning
- Machine Learning
- Deep Learning
- Computer Vision
- Philosophical Questions